Monday, January 9, 2012
attitude of gratitude.
* the month of april where cracker barrel was on speed dial and i sat in bed with my bffaeae, because i couldn't muster the courage to face to world.
* "the brownies." haha this is most definitely not what you are thinking.
* two girls carrying the following: a raft, two oars, 24" of turkey and cheese, two novels, a radio, firewood, marshmallows, blankets, two energy drinks, two bottles of water, chips and salsa, and lip gloss, 2 miles up hill to go to none other than ...THE maple lake. this is also known as the day we became mountain women.
* seeing the fleet foxes in concert. please marry me. please please please.
* running around the secret hideout with sparklers yelling, expelliarmus!
* climbing a water tower that over looks utah county, counting 12 shooting stars, reading a box of fortune cookies and wink wink.
* diet coke runs after a hard workout at the gym
* the fourth of july that was spent at a baseball game (according to wes: this is the day the beast was unleashed and the cocoon was destroyed) and that makes my cheeks hurt from smiling.
* spending the day in my swimming suit, laying on the back of the boat while listening to this song.
* a hike up to the grotto that left white shorts muddy and shoes that cost 39.95 down the drain.
* and last but not least and probably the most important: a realization that although things change, life is only going to get better. based on my fortune happier days are definitely ahead and this time i have no doubt that 2012 is going to bring just that.